The new guidance replaces recommendations issued April 27, 2020, and provides information on resuming nonemergency care.
On Tuesday, May 19, 2020, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued an update to its Guidance for Dental Settings. The new guidance replaces CDC recommendations issued April 27, 2020, and comes as 42 states have reopened dental offices for elective procedures.
The new guidance provides recommendations for the following:
- Resuming nonemergency dental care
- Facility and equipment considerations
- Sterilization and disinfection
- Test-based strategies
- Dental care for patients with COVID-19
- Dental care for patients without COVID-19
Link to new guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/dental-settings.html